Legion Systems is seeking a Senior Special Activities Planner at the Combatant Command (COCOM) level. Candidate will serve as a Special Activities Branch Senior Special Activities Planner with emphasis as a Focal Point, Title 10, Title 50 and Special Access Program (SAP) subject matter expert (SME) for the planning, execution, and employment/deployment of multi-national forces within the CCMD area of responsibility (AOR). The duty will require providing programmatic support to the CCMD Unit, participation in planning, preparation of briefings, and oversight, and expert facilitation of DoD decision-making. The candidate will represent designated planning activities on operational planning teams, working groups and other planning venues. All candidates must possess strong planning, writing and verbal communication skills. Position may require shift, night and/or weekend work.
This is a one year deployed position at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Essential Job functions and job responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice and conduct detailed planning support of Special Activities (Title 10/Title 50) operational planning, coordination and oversight.
- Provide strategic and operational level planning support pertaining to DoD-wide strategy, future issues and strategic foresight, policy, doctrine, decisions, trends, concepts and studies.
- Coordinate in developing and packaging of POTUS and Secretary of Defense level requests for authority and operational concepts specific to Special Operations and non-conventional means to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provide senior staff advice recommendations regarding the establishment, management and execution-level analysis for risk management in support of Nation Defense Strategy priorities including, but not limited to:
- National Mission Force Operations
- Theater Special Operations Forces
- Sensitive and Clandestine Operations
- Personnel Recovery Operations
- Focal Point Operations
- Analyze strategies, policies, doctrine, plans, capability gaps and emerging trends to support decision-making related to current Special and Sensitive Activity operations.
- Analyze specific legal authorities required to execute sensitive operations in support of existing orders, and make recommended authority and Rules of Engagement Changes within legal operational restrictions.
- Coordinate and integrate plans with supporting/supported interagency partners.
- Review and analyze selected publications to determine congruence with or divergence from existing policy and doctrine.
- Provide expertise and analytical support within the SAP, STO and ACCM channels as they pertain to the Special Activities Branch in support of Counter Terrorism and Great Power Competition.
- Provide record message traffic preparation and handling support to Special Activities Branch including FRAGOs, OPORDs, Night Orders and Theater Country Clearances.