Legion Systems is looking for a sharp and quick learning individual to lead a Data & Interface team in the Product Owner role on the Army Training Information System (ATIS) Program. The ATIS Program is to be the future of Army training. The program is responsible for centralizing training information from many dozens of disparate systems. Learn more about ATIS at https://www.train.army.mil/.
The individual will lead a team of approximately 15 individuals and be responsible for end-to-end data migration including: identifying proper data sources, ETL processes, data warehouse structuring, and governance strategies. The individual must be comfortable making decisions in ambiguous circumstances and driving to clarity as needed. Being able to analyze data and map to functional needs is necessary. The individual needs to have a technical mindset, analytical and problem-solving skills.
The position is full time remote with travel for planning events about 4-5 times per year. The team the individual will lead is based in the Eastern Time Zone, however, they are geographically dispersed through the USA. The team uses scrum for work methodology and is part of a SAFe train.
-Required to have firsthand experience with data migration projects.
-General backlog management and work planning.
-Contributes to vision and program backlog
-Owns team backlog and implementation
-Responsible for User Story definition and prioritization.
-Defines and writes User Stories
-Establishes story acceptance criteria
-Accepts stories into the backlog and iteration
-Collaborate with Scrum Master to ensure rapid escalation and remediation of impediments.
-Validate work completed meets story requirements and is of acceptable quality.
-Drive automation, codified configuration, and overall process improvement within the team to ensure accelerating velocity.
-Interface with Solution Management team to understand Features and upcoming requirements.
-Function as the proxy and escalation point when Engineers/team need answers/guidance from the Solution Management group.
-Interface with customer, SMEs, and Army as necessary to supply clarity and understanding as necessary to complete work.
-Perform demonstrations for larger program level audiences and stakeholders.
· Familiarity with using Jira for work item tracking.
· Familiarity with AWS services and infrastructure.
· Experience working on Department of Defense contracts and working with the Government as a customer.
· SAFe or other Agile certification.
· Secret level clearance, or greater. (Will be required after hire)
· Security+, or other 8570 compliant certification. (Required within 6 months of hire)
· 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study. Without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).