The J3 SOJTF supports and coordinates responsive support to Special Operations Joint Task Forces day-to-day operations, crisis response, and contingency planning. The Operations Plans Specialist SME shall support SOJTF planning, pre-deployment preparation, and deployment. The SME shall support and assist with SOJTF integration with USSOCOM global synchronization of Department of Defense (DoD) transregional combating terrorism efforts from design and implementation, through assessment of planning efforts and staff development events.
- Liaison, coordinate with, and provide analysis to all participants in planning, preparing, deploying, and supporting SOJTF; including USSOCOM, GCCs, TSOCs, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, NATO, the interagency, and other participating partners and allies.
- Understand the strategic level environment, issues, atmospherics, dynamics, requirements, and processes used in the Joint Staff, OSD, the Interagency, National Security Council Staff, and subordinate Component Commands.
- Edit and review written orders, plans, briefings, and papers. Orally present analyses of these products effectively to senior leaders including at the GO/FO and SES levels.
- Provide clear, concise, accurate, easily understandable, and technically correct information, papers, memos, and briefings for senior leaders to inform, influence, or make decisions.
- Facilitate seminars and small group discussions at staff development events that support pre- deployment preparation, deployment, and redeployment.
- Provide relevant professional information to SOJTF-A concerning the historical, political, military, cultural, religious, and economic conditions, and factors that personnel deploying to Afghanistan in support of SOF may encounter.
- Assist in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations, or conferences related to SOJTF operations, force generation activities, and other initiatives.
- Analyze, evaluate, and assess the impacts of external plans, policies, and guidance on USSOCOM; provide recommendations regarding potential USSOCOM actions in response to the external guidance, requirements, and other factors.