· Creates standards for Cloud Operations and infrastructure deployment. Creates and utilizes infrastructure versioned templates that meet these standards and makes them accessible to product teams for application automated deployment.
· Consults and makes recommendations on Cloud based application deployments to ensure that they follow best practices in the areas of Security, Availability, Cost Optimization, and compliance controls.
· Coordinates across support teams to quickly resolve disruptions to technology services, performs root cause analysis, and takes preventative measures
· Reviews performance trends across the broader technology portfolio and initiates actions to address areas at risk for potential impacts
· Responsibility to optimize the resources & work on resource tagging to allocate costs and for carefully planning of budgeting, governance, and reporting.
· Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, Oracle, SAS, SQL Server etc
· Maintain cloud based devops tools such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA.
· Modify continuous integration / continuous deployment scripts using tools like Ansible and Jenkins.
· Implement, test, deploy and support continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy to cloud-based environments (development, testing, production, etc.)
· Thorough understanding of cloud computing; virtualization technologies, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
· Experience with Disaster Recovery
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
· Secret clearance or ability to hold a Secret clearance.
· BS 10-12, MS 8-10, Phd 5-7
· AWS Certified
· Extensive experience in Linux-RHEL 7.x and above / Windows/ Unix Administration
· Strong experience using Infrastructure as code
· Knowledge/experience with Hashicorp suite of tools for Cloud Management Terraform, Vault, Packer, Vagrant
· Demonstrated ability to evaluate cloud services, applications, hardware, and software.
· Concrete understanding of and background in application development using micro-service architecture.
· Scripting experience using shell, python, ansible, or terraform.
· Proven experience in developing / building pipeline and integrating with Code tools.
· To establish metrics and carefully monitor the health/utilization of AWS resources on a wide scale by making use of highly sophisticated Amazon CloudWatch.
· Experience with AppDynamics APM tool.
• Comprehensive understanding of and ability to choose (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, FaaS) solutions for a given case
• Experience on configuring and monitoring firewalls, routers, and other network devices
• Familiarity with Agile software delivery, Continuous Integration/Delivery
• At least one year of hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes, experience monitoring and operating a cluster
• Knowledge and experience with CloudFormation and Terraform for build and deployment automation